Every printer driver interprets Excel worksheet print areas a little differently. So while a print area might fit perfectly onto a printable page in the print preview window on most computers, the last line or two might run onto a second otherwise-blank page on some computers. Here's how to fix this issue:
- In the OnGrid Tool's Settings & Support sheet, scroll down to the Proposal Workbooks section then click on, "Proposal Template Design & Review"
- In the top right hand list, select the proposal template that has the blank pages you want to remove
- In the bottom left hand list, double-click each "[+]" until you see the proposal page(s) that correspond with the proposal page(s) in the bottom right hand list. Take note of the name of the worksheet (that is next to the "[+]") that contains these proposal pages.
- Close the dialog box
- Open the proposal workbook by clicking on the link under "File Name"
- At the bottom of the workbook, click on the same worksheet as the worksheet noted in step #3
- Go into Page Setup:
- Excel 2010 and 2013: Go to the Page Layout tab. In the Page Setup group, click on the little square with the arrow at the bottom right hand corner.
- Excel 2011: Go to File -> Page Setup...
- In the Scaling section, reduce the percentage or have it fit to one page
- Click OK, save the proposal workbook through File -> Save, and close the workbook
- Attempt a print preview in the OnGrid Tool again and verify that the blank pages are eliminated
Please watch this video for more details and demonstration.